Laser-View Technologies builds rugged industrial windowed stainless steel enclosures that are specially designed to fit Dimetix laser distance sensors. These enclosures are available to provide protection to Dimetix lasers in industrial use, including harsh conditions and extreme environments.
The enclosures are designed specifically for Dimetix long-distance laser sensors to provide accurate non-contact measurement in various environments. The enclosures serve well on mining equipment, steel caster lines, paper mills, and any other area where sensors are needed to last under harsh conditions.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Enclosures
Extreme conditions found in certain industrial environments may require special protective measures. These environments can include extreme hot or cold temperatures, heavy rain, and corrosive substances. These conditions threaten the performance of sensitive electrical components and machinery.
Stainless steel enclosures are a great solution to minimize safety hazards and add durability to electrical components. The windowed enclosures offer the benefit of reducing or eliminating costly downtime needed to replace electrical components.
They also improve workplace personnel safety by protecting sensitive electrical components. They help to eliminate hazards and ensure that work on dangerous environments can continue to proceed safely.
Durability and Toughness of NEMA 4X Stainless Steel Enclosures
Our high-performance stainless steel enclosures offer quality and consistency ideal for outdoor use. The enclosures are designed to meet and exceed both NEMA 4X and IP65 environmental conditions. The main body construction is of 316 S/S with full silicone gasketing. Click here to view the protective enclosure data sheet.
The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) sets safety standards in the design, production, and distribution of products. Specifically, NEMA Type 4X enclosures provide:
- A degree of protection to personnel against access to hazardous parts
- A degree of protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against ingress of solid foreign objects (windblown dust)
- A degree of protection with respect to harmful effects on the equipment due to the ingress of water (rain, sleet, snow, splashing water, and hose directed water)
- Provide an additional level of protection against corrosion, and that will be undamaged by the external formation of ice on the enclosure.
Watch the video below for a demonstration of how much water wash down abuse the enclosure can handle without any leakage:
High Precision Lasers for Extreme Environments
Dimetix D-series laser distance series from Laser-View Technologies provides high precision non-contact sensors with the following characteristics:
- White powder coat finish for outdoor use to minimize exposure overheating from exposure to direct to sunlight.
- Built-in pressure equalization valve minimizes the possibility of condensation build-up inside the enclosure.
- A version of this enclosure can also be produced with an acrylic lens for use in food production, where a rugged wash down laser sensor may be required.
- Dust tube
- Power and Industrial Ethernet ports